19 January 2021 21:28
Video Making Online Course Basic | E-learning | Distance Learning | DL
Distance Learning Video Making Online Course (E-learning) for to learn the basic techniques of video shooting and video editing
16 hours in total
Video Making Online Distance Learning Course – E-Learning
2 weeks of duration
4 classes per week of 2 hours each
Days of class: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Timetable: morning or afternoon schedule, TBD with the teacher
Method: video conference, files sharing, home assignments
Lessons in English
Level of the course: basic
Application deadline 1 week prior course beginning
Video Making Online Course E-learning for to learn the basic techniques of video shooting and video editing in Distance Learning mode
With this E-learning course we want to allow those who cannot move from home to approach the world of video making and video editing techniques.
The course is taught remotely via video conference with the teacher. The teacher will assign homework and the short videos made in this way will then be shared for class revision and critique. In this way, we want to transmit a base of knowledge and skills necessary to use the video camera and the video editing application (Final Cut, iMovie, Premiere, others …).
What do we do in this E-learning Video Making Online Course for Distance Learning?
The main purpose of our video making online course is to show the use of applications for video editing and the techniques of using the video camera.
The level of this course is basic and has an introductory purpose to video making. Participants who wish to continue this distance learning experience can do it with the subsequent advanced online E-learning DL video making program.
Main topics of the basic video making online course E-learning DL
The topics covered in this Distance Learning course are:
- Use of your own video camera, including the basic settings and the study of the menu of the video camera
- Study of the technique of freehand video shooting, grammar of the video and editing
- Theory of photographic composition and video making goals (pod-cast, spot, docu-film, video art, etc …)
Specifically, the lessons will cover all the main aspects of video production:
- Shooting technique: aperture, objectives, depth of field, focus, exposure, framing, camera movements;
- Digital video technique: recording formats, quality and compression;
- Audio recording: how to navigate in different work situations, use of the microphone;
- Editing: editing theory, design of a project, export;
- Conception and planning of a video project;
The course is open to all without restrictions, as it is a basic distance learning course. No previous knowledge is needed to approach the world of video making.
The possession of the following equipment is necessary:
1. one pc,
3. an installed video editing program (you can ask the teacher during the first lesson which program is more convenient to install),
4. SLR or mirrorless camera with video functions or even an amateur video camera.
- Knowing the tools: DSLR camera, mirrorless and video cameras with related possibilities and limitations.
- Using the smartphone as a video camera.
- How to orientate yourself in the choice of equipment.
- The video camera: how the video camera works. Study of the menu of your camera and basic settings.
- Shooting technique: exposure, aperture, shutter, ISO sensitivity, color temperature and white balance.
- Choice of optics, depth of field, focus.
- Notes on the various formats and registration “CODEC”.
- Audio recording.
- Grammar of the film: shots, plans, fields.
- Attention mechanics: how to involve the public by choosing the right shot and the correct scene.
- Visual elements assembly: video editing.
- Introduction to video editing programs: Final Cut, Premiere, others…
- Editing: general settings of a project.
- Overview of the various assembly techniques.
- The basic tools of editing: cutting, insertion, synchronization, elementary transitions, audio adjustments.
- Completion of a short video project and its complete editing, including audio and titles.
- The export formats of the finished video and its use.