19 January 2021 21:16
WordPress Course Basic Level in Città di Castello Tiber Valley Umbria
With this course you can start building your own website using the WordPress platform.
18 hours in total
2 weeks of duration 3 classes per week of 3 hours each (tailorable to student’s needs) Days of class: TBD together the students
Lessons in English Level of the course: basic
Application deadline 1 week prior course beginning
WordPress course for building and managing websites.
A course dedicated to the study of the WordPress system and the functioning of the Web. With this course you can start building your own website using the WordPress platform.
Who is it for and what is being done in this course
The basic level WordPress course is aimed at those who want to start building a website from scratch without having previous knowledge of web design. It is a program designed specifically for those who have never made a site. We want to uses the WordPress platform specifically to avoid writing instruction codes with programming languages that would require years of study. Our program for the study of WordPress begins with an overview of the functioning of the Internet, starting from the registration of a domain, to the functioning of a server, up to the functionality of the HTTP and HTTPS protocols and the management of plugins. Our study includes basic notions on the functioning of search engines (Google), SEO (search engine optimization) and how to quickly index your site using Google MyBusiness features. With this course we want to build a site with at least one home page, some pages with content, a contact page and some specific plugins for managing additional content, such as social networks.
Goals of the course
At the end of this basic program, you will have acquired basic notions for creating your own site and you will know how to manage it. The knowledge thus acquired will be the foundation for the construction or development of more complex sites in the future.
The WordPress installation will involve the use of a free license theme. Instead, server and domain will have to be purchased separately through the providers on the market. In fact, for the proper conduct of this study program, you are required to purchase your own internet domain and your server space to host your own website. Our teachers will provide you with all the information you need to face the best possible expense and keep costs down. However, it is important to understand that starting this course means starting working on your personal site. This is not possible without having a server that can host this site. So you will have to charge these expenses which can amount to about 50-200 euros, depending on the cases and choices.
- Internet, domains and websites
- the Maintainer or Registrar (Provider): registering the domain .com, .net, .org, .yournation, etc …
- Site hosting: Linux and Windows platforms.
- the Server (provider, hosting): buying disk space
- cPanel: what is it and what’s for
- Opening of a personal email address @yourpersonalsite
- The dedicated server: what it is and how it works
- Overview of WordPress, what it is and how it works
- Installing WordPress on your server
- Https certification
- The structure of the site: index, home, bio / about, portfolio, contacts, links, sitemap
- Installation and activation of plugins for additional features
- Introduction to SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- Presentation of the site to Google: Google MyBusiness, links with other sites